Reacties

Ampersandman schreef op 30.05.2011 om 11:01 uur

It is possible, as long as they're in .flv or .mp4 format. If not, you should convert them first. Just go through "Import" and select the file. In the project you'll see a placeholder instead, see the appearance in the preview mode.

tankje schreef op 30.05.2011 om 15:45 uur

Thanks so much for your reply. However its not yet a complete success. Converting the video to .flv or .mp4 is now done. Importing the .mp4 format worked just fine although only the end result was only sound and no video.

When trying to import the .flv format instead (hoping it would also deliver video alongside sound) I got the following message: "No filters that were designed for this type of file have been found. The import will continue, using the most compatible filter, although the image may not appear as intended". Now even the sound was garbled.

Any idea on what I have done wrong or should do different? Thank you!

It is possible, as long as they're in .flv or .mp4 format. If not, you should convert them first. Just go through "Import" and select the file. In the project you'll see a placeholder instead, see the appearance in the preview mode.

Ampersandman schreef op 31.05.2011 om 10:03 uur

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I'm running out of ideas here. How did you try to view the result? Did you try all your browsers, are all plug-ins like Flash player up to date?

I did import several mp4 and Flash videos into the projects as described and everything always worked fine; just as described. It's as easy as adding pictures.

Maybe there is something wrong with the videos themselves .... but I'm not an expert in video. If you made them yourself maybe you better export them directly as mp4 rather than converting them.

If all else fails you could try uploading them to YouTube / Vimeo / whatever and if the work there: embed them into your site with a placeholder. Good luck!

Thanks so much for your reply. However its not yet a complete success. Converting the video to .flv or .mp4 is now done. Importing the .mp4 format worked just fine although only the end result was only sound and no video.

When trying to import the .flv format instead (hoping it would also deliver video alongside sound) I got the following message: "No filters that were designed for this type of file have been found. The import will continue, using the most compatible filter, although the image may not appear as intended". Now even the sound was garbled.

tankje schreef op 31.05.2011 om 14:56 uur

Hi again,

Tried all sorts with no luck earlier today, untill I downloaded a new converter... and now it actually works! Thank you for your help and patience!

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I'm running out of ideas here. How did you try to view the result? Did you try all your browsers, are all plug-ins like Flash player up to date?

I did import several mp4 and Flash videos into the projects as described and everything always worked fine; just as described. It's as easy as adding pictures.

Maybe there is something wrong with the videos themselves .... but I'm not an expert in video. If you made them yourself maybe you better export them directly as mp4 rather than converting them.

If all else fails you could try uploading them to YouTube / Vimeo / whatever and if the work there: embed them into your site with a placeholder. Good luck!

PePe schreef op 31.05.2011 om 15:20 uur

I usually use Riva Flash Converter to do this