Loadinf/playing Albion Solstice from Spitfire Audio

Marc-Neys schreef op 15.08.2022 om 16:09 uur

Hi,

I'm just re-installed my Samplitude pro X7-suite (Samplitude Pro X 365 (V1)) and all my vst's.

If I load (with Kontakt player) Albion Solstice or other instruments that use the Kontakt player, I see the loaded instrument, but it doesn't respond nor gives any sound when I want to play or record.

I use a Keystation 49 keyboard.

System:

Windows-computer met:
- Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10885H CPU @ 2.40GHz
- 32641 MB) Werkgeheugen

Reacties

SP. schreef op 15.08.2022 om 16:21 uur

@Marc-Neys Your Kontakt Instruments is listening on MIDI channel 1.Please check if your keyboard sends on channel 1 and your track receives MIDI input on channel 1. If you use already recorded MIDI notes please check in the MIDI event list inside the MIDI editor that your notes are recorded on channel 1. You can also set your Kontakt instrument to Omni, then it should work regardless of the channel number.

Marc-Neys schreef op 15.08.2022 om 16:34 uur

Yes, the omni did it!! thanks

SP. schreef op 15.08.2022 om 18:46 uur

@Marc-Neys Great, that shows that there is some channel mismatch between your keyboard and channel 1 in Kontakt. Omni is an easy way to solve this, but you will get in trouble if you want to load multiple instruments into Kontakt because all layers with Omni enabled will always accept every MIDI message from every channel. So you won't be able to split the instruments by channel.