Independence Pro (for Prox7 suite) how to import sample sf2?

djfilippo ha scritto il 16.11.2022 ore 19:42

On the Independence Pro website it says textual words: In addition to sample formats that can be used in Independence, AKAI S1000, S3000 and SoundFont samples are also supported.... How can I import an SF2 format sample into Independence? I would like to import my Soundfont on Independence.. ( S.O. Windows 11)Thanks to whoever can give me an answer.

Commenti

SP. ha scritto il 16.11.2022 ore 21:30

@djfilippo I think that Independence can only import WAV and OGG samples. I believe back in 2008 there was a free edition of Indpendence Translator from Chicken System which was able to convert AKAI S1000, S3000 and SoundFont to Independence, but that was a long time ago and it is no longer available. Newer versions of the free demo version of Translator cannot save ripped samples any longer.

You can use a free editor like Viena from http://www.synthfont.com/Downloads.html and open SF2 files and export the samples as WAV or sfZed from http://steveholt.drealm.info/sfZed.html and convert SF2 intruments to SFZ which will save all WAV files separately from the SFZ. Then you can reimport them into Independence.

A last alternative is to create a MIDI file which plays the SF2 from the lowest note to the highest note, then export this file as WAV and automatically split the samples up in Sound Forge and export them into individual WAV files.

djfilippo ha scritto il 16.11.2022 ore 22:48

Thank you! I tried to unpack a sf2 multisample with Awave studio, loaded the wave format samples into Independence and saved the Projet .ytip file! It works, but the work is cumbersome! In early 2023, they may update the program to import Sf2 or other formats, or provide a free Sf2/Akai to .ytip conversion program for Windows! We look forward to an update! Also introduce the Italian language that has disappeared! Thank you

SP. ha scritto il 16.11.2022 ore 23:17

@djfilippo Can you batch rename samples in Awave Studio? Independence can automatically place samples with note names or by using the X-Y-Z naming convention (see the manual for details). This can reduce the manual labour to import samples into Independence.

I'm not sure why Magix removed Italian as a language. Maybe they don't sell enough copies to Italian customers and it isn't worth the effort. I would advise you ask support at proservice@magix.net to reintroduce this language option.

djfilippo ha scritto il 17.11.2022 ore 00:12

Thanks for your suggestions! I always have the Samplelord program to read my soundfonts!