How to use Launchkey Mini MK3 in MM

MauX-65 ha scritto il 03.01.2021 ore 21:13

Hi everyone.
I purchased Magix Music Maker Premium 2021 and since I already owned a Novation Launchkey Mini MK 3 keyboard I would like to be able to understand how to use the keyboard functions with Music Maker.
I tried to take a look at the manual in pdf but it only shows the old model (ie the MK2) from Novation not the new model which is quite different and with many more functions.
I use it without problems with Ableton Live for which, indeed, it would have been created but I can't figure out how to make it work properly with Music Maker ...
Thanks in advance for any help.

Commenti

MauX-65 ha scritto il 05.01.2021 ore 21:45

With some help from Magix support, I came to understand in part how to use this midi keyboard with Music Maker.
I share the procedure I have followed so that others can benefit from it, there is no mention on the actual version of the manual.
First you need to install the usb drivers that you can download from the Novation website. 
Once this is done, first connect the keyboard to the PC and only then launch Music Maker. 
In the audio / midi settings, you must select Launchkey Mini Mk3 as the input device and confirm.
The keys work to play the virtual instruments, the knobs are mapped according to the plugin we choose to adjust its parameters while the octave buttons allow you to shift the pitch.
When you launch the Live Pad panel, the Launchkey pads will light up yellow when we load the loops into the various slots and it is thus possible to record a performance with the Launchkey pads.
After using the Live Pad, from the same panel, where the gear wheel is, it must be reset so that you can use the keyboard again.
The other keys are of no use with Music Maker.
If others have found an even more effective way to use this keyboard with the Magix program, they are welcome.