VST plugin "beatbox.vst3" cannot be loaded

Kai-Bach schrieb am 19.10.2022 um 09:50 Uhr

Hello all,

yesterday I updated the MM (Premium 64Bit 31.0.1.13) to the latest version. Unfortunately I get the error message that the plugin "beatbox.vst3" can not be loaded. MM then aborts the program with error message, which means that I also can not make any further update or the like.
In the meantime I have uninstalled the program several times, set it up again, and in this context also - although it is supposed to be installed on other hard disks - installed it into the default folders on C:. I have also deactivated Windows Defender for test purposes. Nothing has brought a solution. The strange thing is that the said file "beatbox.vst3" is present, in the folder C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Music Maker\31\MxSynth\Beatbox. 
But I don't know what to do now, because I can't find any solutions on the internet either. 
I would be very happy if someone could help me with this problem.

Kommentare

SP. schrieb am 19.10.2022 um 10:31 Uhr

@Kai-Bach Have you tired to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu?

Kai-Bach schrieb am 19.10.2022 um 10:53 Uhr

I can't, because I can't get into the program itself. It closes - after I have confirmed the infobox "beatbox.vst3", as shown in the screenshot, a few times with "okay" - with an error message, without me having the possibility to get into the menu. As I said, uninstalling/reinstalling did not bring any solution.

ead66 schrieb am 19.10.2022 um 11:06 Uhr

@Kai-Bach
Try running Music Maker as an administrator!

Unzufriedenheit ist der Anfang für den Erfolg! 😉

Laptop MSI Raider GE78HX 13VI,
Win11 Home 23H2, Intel Core i9-13980HX, 64GB RAM, 4TB FB,
UHD Graphics Raptor Lake-S GT1, RTX 4090 16,0 GB,
Realtek Audio, NVIDIA High Definition Audio, Audiointerface Audient iD4 MKII

Kai-Bach schrieb am 19.10.2022 um 11:32 Uhr

Did that already

SP. schrieb am 19.10.2022 um 11:34 Uhr

@Kai-Bach Go to the folder C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm31 and delete the MusicMaker.ini file.  This will reset your program settings.  The ini file will be recreated with the default settings at the next start

Kai-Bach schrieb am 19.10.2022 um 11:38 Uhr

Done. Same result.

SP. schrieb am 19.10.2022 um 11:53 Uhr

@Kai-Bach What do the "Technische Informationen" say? Could you upload a screenshot of them?

Kai-Bach schrieb am 19.10.2022 um 12:01 Uhr

HA! I found the solution.

1. In the infinite loading screen (screenshot) I hit Alt+F4. This finally let me into the program.

2. I now could check the program settings:
  - did a program reset, but with no result
  - Then I checked the vst subfolders. Result: Magix has not added the current vst subfolder.

Then I added the above mentioned subfolder and - tada! - it works.