Trouble After Re-installing & Upgrading to MM 2020 Premium

glenn.rossi schrieb am 10.03.2020 um 21:42 Uhr

My O/S is Windows 10, Version 1909, Build 18363.657 in a Lenovo Desktop PC with 8GB RAM.

My MM 2020 Version is 28.0.2.43

Due to limited C-Drive space (was about 10GB), I fully de-installed MM and my Video Pro X, cleaned all MAGIX elements (including in the registry) using the recommended support.microsoft.com Install-Uninstall diagnostic utility and the MAGIX Content and Soundpools utility. This was recommended by MAGIX Support! I also used MAGIX PC Check & Tuning and Piriform CCleaner to clean out old registry keys and remaining MAGIX files but left only the MAGIX Update Notifier and the MAGIX PC Check & Tuning installed.

Then, as recommended, I did a re-install with new custom installation program file paths to my D-Drive which has about 1TB free space. New folder paths are all under D:\Program Files\MAGIX\ with subfolders: Music Maker, Templates & Effects, Content & Soundpools, and User Files. [Prior to this the default path was C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\MAGIX\Common\ with 3 subfolders under Common: Soundpools (310MB), Videocontent (4.58GB), & MxSynth (1.38GB)].

I tried several times to reactivate my MM but my MAGIX account does not show that the new MM is activated, but strangely, one free download preset package did download & install, the Vita 2 Premium Presets! Then the program froze while trying to download and install the Soundpool: BigRoom Mastercuts, Part 2.

In this forum, I read a recent post that someone had to first re-install the Creative Suite feature before the remaining program downloads would work. I checked under the MM Store program window, and it shows that I acquired and downloaded this feature but will not allow me to re-download it (I'm not even sure if it is installed in my upgraded MM2020 Premium that I just bought and initially installed on the 4th of March!

Furthermore, some of the program paths from within the program under File/Settings/Program Settings/Folders still show some paths to my C-Drive: C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Music Maker\28\_Demos\Demo Chart Hits which I guess is a required default path. I will leave this path as is! The other internal paths I changed back to my D-Drive, and they seem to remain even when I reboot the MM program.

When I try to open my older projects that I created under MM 2019 Premium and earlier versions, I get several file location error messages, and I still do not know why my newest program does not show as activated in my MAGIX account???

It has been several days since the last MAGIX response on my open MAGIX ticket, so I thought I would ask the MAGIX community here for any other actions I can try while waiting for MAGIX.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Glenn

Retired American living in Germany

Kommentare

emmrecs schrieb am 11.03.2020 um 16:50 Uhr

@glenn.rossi

Hi Glenn.

I think the fundamental cause of most, if not all, of these problems is due to the changes you have made to the installation paths of anything other than the core program.

On my computer I have the Music Maker program installed on D:\Program Files (x86)\Magix\.... but all additional content (Soundpools, Instruments, etc) in their Default locations. With this set-up I see none of the sorts of problems you are seeing. In fact, MM runs pretty smoothly.

I know the general advice given here by other users, far more experienced with the program than I, is that the default locations for all that additional content should not be changed. It seems there is some hard-coding within the program that expects specific locations to be used and accessible, including quite a number on the C:\ drive.

HTH

Jeff

Zuletzt geändert von emmrecs am 11.03.2020, 16:54, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

BilderMacher schrieb am 11.03.2020 um 16:57 Uhr

Es macht wenig Sinn auf der deutschen Forumseite zu Posten.

Bitte wechsele die Seitensprache!

https://www.magix.info/select-your-country/

"Je mehr die Menschen wissen, desto weniger müssen sie glauben!"

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Ich kann vieles, darf aber nicht alles.

-------------

Hardware / Software:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::++++:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
12288 MB RAM
DirectX 12

Intel(R) UHD Graphics (für Import, Verarbeitung, Export)

NVIDIA GeForce MX250 (wird nicht in Schnitt-SW verwendet)

• Video deluxe 2016 Premium
  • Video deluxe 2024 Premium
  • Video Pro X 15
  • Photostory Deluxe 2024
  • Samplitude X7 Suite
  • ACID Pro 11
  • Music Maker 2025 Premium
  • MAGIX/XARA Graphic-/Web-Designer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    22H2
Installiert am    ‎15.‎10.‎2020
Betriebssystembuild    19045.4717
Leistung    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19060.1000.0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 128.0 (64-Bit)

johnebaker schrieb am 11.03.2020 um 18:57 Uhr

@BilderMacher

Hallo

Der Beitrag befindet ist nur im US-Forum. Wenn ich meine Spracheinstellung nur auf Deutsch stelle, wird der ursprüngliche Beitrag nicht angezeigt.

'https://www.magix.info/us/forum/trouble-after-re-installing-upgrading-to-mm-2020-premium--1240059/'

Grüße

John EB
Forum Moderator

Zuletzt geändert von johnebaker am 11.03.2020, 18:57, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

BilderMacher schrieb am 11.03.2020 um 19:23 Uhr

Das kann nicht sein?

Lässt du dir alle Sprachen im Profil anzeigen?

Dann tauchen die Beiträge in der gewählten Sprache auf.

Das ist doch komisch.

Ich lasse mir alle Forenbeiträge aus Deutschland anzeigen. Da hat ein US-Beitrag nichts verloren. Er wurde im Deutschen Forum erstellt.

Er war von mir auch versteckt worden, wegen falscher Sprache!

Zuletzt geändert von BilderMacher am 11.03.2020, 19:27, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

"Je mehr die Menschen wissen, desto weniger müssen sie glauben!"

Ich kann vieles, darf aber nicht alles.

-------------

Hardware / Software:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::++++:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
12288 MB RAM
DirectX 12

Intel(R) UHD Graphics (für Import, Verarbeitung, Export)

NVIDIA GeForce MX250 (wird nicht in Schnitt-SW verwendet)

• Video deluxe 2016 Premium
  • Video deluxe 2024 Premium
  • Video Pro X 15
  • Photostory Deluxe 2024
  • Samplitude X7 Suite
  • ACID Pro 11
  • Music Maker 2025 Premium
  • MAGIX/XARA Graphic-/Web-Designer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    22H2
Installiert am    ‎15.‎10.‎2020
Betriebssystembuild    19045.4717
Leistung    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19060.1000.0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 128.0 (64-Bit)

glenn.rossi schrieb am 11.03.2020 um 20:27 Uhr

Thank you, Jeff & John. Und danke furs Infos, BilderMacher!

John,

MAGIX in Germany did say that if I removed all MAGIX video & audio programs and re-installed them from scratch, that the default C-Drive Public Documents\MAGIX\Common\ path could be changed to save space on my C-Drive. (I have not re-installed MAGIX VPX yet, pending full operation of MM2020 Premium).

Ja, BilderMacher, Ich bin ein Amerikaner im Ruhestand, der in Deutschland lebt. In technischen Fächern schreibe ich lieber in meiner Muttersprache Englisch.

Natürlich mag ich Tutorials / YouTube-Videos in Englisch und Deutsch.

Ich hatte beide Länder unter meinen Spracheinstellungen für das Forumprofil ausgewählt, habe jedoch Tutorials aus den USA hinzugefügt.

Ich hoffe, dass ich mit dieser Einstellung auf Forenbeiträge und Medien in den USA und in Deutschland zugreifen kann.

Vielen Dank für den Tipp zum Aktualisieren meines Profils. Ich habe auch ein Profilbild hinzugefügt.

johnebaker schrieb am 11.03.2020 um 20:42 Uhr

@BilderMacher

Hallo

Interessant, ich sehe es nur im US-Forum, wenn ich alle Sprachen ausgewählt habe. Vielen Dank jedoch für das Bild, das den Beitrag im deutschen Forum zeigt.

Warum, ich weiss nicht!

Grüße

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

glenn.rossi schrieb am 11.03.2020 um 21:44 Uhr

Danke, John! 👍😉