Sound Database for Music Maker 15 XXL

eTim Posté à 17/08/2009 22:59
In the description of the tool, it was said that there were lots of sounds and stuff but I feel like there is not that much...
I've read somewhere a post where it was said it is needed to do a kind of "Update" from the tool in order to download materials. I've never seen that in the software.
Does somebody knows if the material from the DVD is all there is or if we can get other material from a Magix website (I mean that should be delivered with the version I bought, not additionnal stuff to pay for).

By the way, if anybody has comments or advices on the different soundpool because there are too many and I don't know which one would bring me the most instruments and materials for classical/movie music.

Commentaires

frackzdraf Posté à 21/08/2009 20:25
hi eTim,

maybe u've missed to install the basics_15 during the installation of Music Maker15 : it asks if u want to install it or no : browse ur cd and find basics_15 and slide it in ur harddisk c:/programs files/magix/musicmaker15premium.

but it's true there's not a "huge" collection of samples : only 500 mo !

i could advice to buy "soundpool dvd collection15" . in my case , i've bought it and i have added the materials i did have already with music maker2007plus : now i have 14,5 gb of samples with 19274 files. 

eTim Posté à 21/08/2009 21:48
I have installed everything and also got the samples from the 2008 version on which I started to do some music on a friend's computer.
The only thing is that I do most of midi reccording using virtual instruments. I like all the Revolta stuffs but I compose symphonies and orchestrations. The number of instrument is very poor.
Also in the soundpool, I am only using materials based on midi samples in order to re-use a configuration of an existing instrument. Otherwise I use drums or FX that may be suitable to my compositions. All the melodic samples which are already recorded and cannot be customized like with midi samples are useless for me. So I am wondering if Soundpool DVD can be of any help because it might be full of such samples.
What I need is VST instruments like more strings, more brass and woodbrass and also choirs etc...
I've seen some on the web but they are pretty much expensive...