VPX8 is due "in the next weeks"

emmrecs escrito el 21.03.PM a las 17:01 horas

I've not seen any discussion about this on the forum but have just received an email from MAGIX Sales Department that states:

"We geht (sic) the new version from the Video Pro X in the next weeks"

I had contacted sales support since, as a user of VPX since its first version and up to X5, I could not upgrade to X6 or X7 because my system was still 32 bit.

Having now decided to take the plunge and build a new 64 bit system I wanted to know whether I would qualify for an upgrade price to X7, or even X8, given that the release cycle suggests a new version around about now each year.  Apparently my "guess" about X8 being due was correct, and yes, I do apparently qualify for upgrade pricing.  Happy Days!

Jeff

Modificado por última vez por emmrecs el 21/03/2016, 17:02 Horas, modificaciones en total: 2

Seguir Gracias Citar

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Comentarios

browj2 escrito el 21.03.PM a las 18:15 horas

Hi Jeff,

BTW, there probably won't be a MEP 2017 or a VPX8. There will be MEP Premium and VPX - no numbers, no dates. Magix is moving to a new system. Here is the message that I received:

"All new product lines are not running version numbers anymore as we are moving to a different model with the software that will remain with one version a lot longer but have more updates."

Here is the text in the Magix.com site for Audio & Music Lab Premium (no version number or year):

"Program update:
•Unlimited use of program*
•Always get the latest version at time of purchase
•Plus: all new features for free for 1 year

*With the update guarantee you will receive a full year of free new features and updates, which can be used indefinitely. If you reinstall the program after one year, you will have access to the basic version. After the one-year update guarantee has expired you can extend it for a discounted price."

MusicMaker 2016 Premium came out and has now been replaced with MusicMaker Premium - no date.

The comments on this model from all sides, including Xara forum and Samplitude forum, should be interesting.

Modificado por última vez por browj2 el 21/03/2016, 18:15 Horas, modificaciones en total: 1

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

emmrecs escrito el 21.03.PM a las 20:41 horas

Hi John.  Thanks for this (and I saw your post in the MEP forum also).

Interesting idea, I think; just hope it isn't the "MAGIX" version of software by subscription but it certainly has that "feel" - "free updates for one year then a discounted price to continue".  I suppose being asked to pay to maintain one's version of whichever program you use is potentially rather better than the Adobe model (of requiring "continuous payment from day one") and at least it appears that if ever one stops paying the software will not cease to operate.  This latter "feature" is one that has caused much debate on Adobe User forums!

However, I just wonder how long each "extended discount" payment will cover?  Hopefully, at least one year, otherwise I fear we are in the "subscription model" of software releases, almost alla Adobe.

As you say, this should make for "interesting comments"!

Modificado por última vez por emmrecs el 21/03/2016, 20:42 Horas, modificaciones en total: 2

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 escrito el 07.04.PM a las 16:50 horas

New VPX is out in German, no version number as predicted.

There is not a lot that is new. What is disconcerting is it comes with Mercalli V2 and not V4. What happens to the V4 that came with X7? I will ask Magix.

What's New

Look Balance (Interesting)

Transfer the look from one shot to another. Colors and tonal values ​​are automatically matched.

360 degree camera editing (This is in MEP2016 Plus/Premium)

Video Pro X now offers extensive editing options for the recordings of the latest 360 degree cameras

4K / cutout animation

Take advantage of the resolution of 4K material reserve to make framing at low resolution films as desired.

NewBlue looks (I'm underwhelmed)

• Film Color: Change color and light for a classic film look.
  • Color Fixer Pro: Adjust color balance, saturation and brightness of the image.
  • Gradient Tint: Intensify the colors of the image with a variety of filters.
  • Spotlight: Put a specific area on the spotlight in the scene.
  • Glow Pro: Create a warm light by putting highlights in the original image.

Advanced Exposure Modes (Looks like a good feature)

The detailed color and tone with Curves enables precise machining of luminance and individual RGB channels.

Modern Title Templates

Over 250 brand new title templates feature a trendy design and a newly designed structure.

Modificado por última vez por browj2 el 07/04/2016, 16:50 Horas, modificaciones en total: 1

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

johnebaker escrito el 07.04.PM a las 20:03 horas

Hi

. . . . just hope it isn't the "MAGIX" version of software by subscription . . . .

The box says 365 on it so that matches the subscription model as was announced in the link in my post here

. . . . Look Balance (Interesting)

Transfer the look from one shot to another. Colors and tonal values ​​are automatically matched. . . . .

That is very promising - automatic colour grading - very useful if you have two or more cameras of different makes or sensors.

. . . . Advanced Exposure Modes

The detailed color and tone with Curves enables precise machining of luminance and individual RGB channels. . . . .

Very useful - enables colour correction by numbers fix the black, grey and white colour shifts and the rest fall into place.

Wonder how soon these will migrate to MEP?

Cheers

John

Modificado por última vez por johnebaker el 07/04/2016, 20:09 Horas, modificaciones en total: 3

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

mrveronn escrito el 08.04.PM a las 19:55 horas

I've just downloaded the new [English] "X" (8) trial version and installed.  It recognizes my ProDad Mercali V4, all the Pixelan plug-ins, and all the legacy NewBlue products that worked in X7.  It also recognizes the Magic Bullet Quick Looks plug-in (from X6 which I have to leave installed on my computer to keep this plug-in). And I also have X4 still installed on my computer (I can't remember why I did that, another program that I wanted to keep no doubt). Why Magix goes through these temporary partnerships with companies and then abandons them as they move onto a new Video Pro version is so disappointing.

[Edit]

Well, well...I just installed a trial version of NewBlueFX's Filters (Ultimate version) and they appear in the new VideoPro X (8) under the Effects Tab. They do NOT show up in X7. I will experiment some more, but this would be a welcome development for me as I have a considerable amount of $$ invested in NewBlueFX plug-ins...wonder if Titler Pro 3 or 4 would show up ...?

[Edit 2]

Also installed the Stylizers Ultimate trial and it also shows & works in X8...I've requested trials for the remaining effects and will check to see what else works...I'm cautiously optimistic...

Interesting that Magix also talks about OpenFX compatibility...but does not list what effects packages might work...

I like the new title organization...hard to evaluate all the changes since the content download is just the basic package...and wonder when the e-mail notifications will go out to existing users...

[Edit 3]

Ok, so it looks like Elements, Essentials, Filters and Stylizers all work in X8, but the Transitions and Titler Pro 3 are not recognized by VideoPro. 

Also downloaded HitFilm's Ignite OpenFX plug in and installed it, but the 'scan' done by Video Pro X8 does not seem to pick it up...so likely there will be some glitches before we see OpenFX being 'easy' to take advantage of...

browj2 escrito el 08.04.PM a las 20:20 horas

@mrveronn,

Good news!

I just took a look and it's out in English. I thought that you had installed the German trial version. I did that last time and I'm stuck with SpeedBurnR in German.

Thanks,

Modificado por última vez por browj2 el 08/04/2016, 20:22 Horas, modificaciones en total: 2

John C.B.

emmrecs escrito el 09.04.PM a las 16:18 horas

Since Michael (mrveronn) has already downloaded and installed the trial of VPX (8), and reading what browj2 has written below about what is "new" in the new version, I wonder whether the trial install actually gives you the "full" program that John C.B. describes?

I ask because I have installed the trial (new computer so only VPX5 already present) but am not sure whether all the features listed by John should be now present on my machine?  (I did not have VPX 6 or 7 because my system was, until very recently, still 32 bit).  Especially, I do not see any of the NewBlue FX which John lists, as being now present on my machine.  

Somewhere stored on my computer I have a bought copy of NewBlue Art Blends (with a valid serial number); I may see if that will install into either VPX5 or VPX(8).

So far, in initial (very) brief use of the new version, I'm pretty impressed, especially by the speed increase I see,  inevitable I suppose, given the processor change from a Core2 Quad to an i7 6700K.

Modificado por última vez por emmrecs el 09/04/2016, 16:18 Horas, modificaciones en total: 1

mrveronn escrito el 09.04.PM a las 20:00 horas

Especially, I do not see any of the NewBlue FX which John lists, as being now present on my machine.  

Somewhere stored on my computer I have a bought copy of NewBlue Art Blends (with a valid serial number); I may see if that will install into either VPX5 or VPX(8).

Yes, the Trial version does not include all the content that would come with the full version. You get the basic program and Mercalli V2, but I don't see the NewBlueFX or any of the other content...that normally would be a additional download from the "help" menu, once you have a registered version.

Also, note that for versions X6 and X7 that were 64bit, there are only a certain number of NewBlueFX plug-ins that will be recognized. I posted a series of links to the versions taht will work in another answer (http://www.magix.info/us/video-pro-x7.knowledge.1127395.html ) ... of course you need a serial number to activate these, but they were the versions that I have been using up to now in X7. 

I've downloaded and installed trials of the Elements, Filters, Essentials and Stylizers from NewBlueFX and these are all showing in X8. But not the transitions or titler Pro 3...those do not show...but maybe the TitlerPro EX version will work as I believe that ships with MEP 2016...

emmrecs escrito el 13.04.PM a las 20:15 horas

What is disconcerting is it comes with Mercalli V2 and not V4. What happens to the V4 that came with X7?

@ John C.B.  I don't know whether you ever received a response from MAGIX re this question (and for anyone else reading this thread) having just bought the upgrade to the new version, it includes Mercalli v4 as a download, not v 2. 

Presumably the pre-release publicity had been as well proof-read and checked by MAGIX as is often the case!

Jeff

Modificado por última vez por emmrecs el 13/04/2016, 20:15 Horas, modificaciones en total: 1

browj2 escrito el 14.04.PM a las 18:15 horas

Hi Jeff,

I did not receive a proper reply from Magix about Mercalli, but Bob Braun said that "The Mercalli V2 is just now internal to the program. Not sure if the extra V4 will be included as product features will be added through out the year in stages."

So even he does not know that V4 comes with the package.

I have now opened the program and the first thing that I tried was the animation interface with Xara. It still doesn't work. I mentioned this to Bob Braun and he said that they had been playing around with Xara and the new Prox X and can't see anything standing out. I replied that it doesn't work right and that I am preparing a video to show what it is supposed to do vs what it does. Using Xara DPX11 64 bit, the video does not advance in Xara animation. The animation does not come back into VPX or MEP, only a static image of the screen. It works fine using Xara 9, but hasn't since. Unfortunately, one cannot have VPX or MEP select Xara 9; they select the most recent version. I have MEP2016 and Xara 9 on the portable to be able to use them together to create an animation - mask or overlay. I have been reporting this to both Braun and Uhl for more than 2 years now and occasionally they recognize the problem, say that it will be corrected in a future patch, and then nothing. Then they forget. This is now extremely annoying.

Do you have Xara? Version?

Regards,

Modificado por última vez por browj2 el 14/04/2016, 18:15 Horas, modificaciones en total: 1

John C.B.

emmrecs escrito el 16.04.PM a las 23:28 horas

Hi John.

I don't have any version of Xara DP installed so I can't check whether the problems you see are also there for me.

I did have Xara 3D 7(?) installed on the old computer but I used it so rarely that, at present, it has not made the transition to the new machine.

Jeff

Modificado por última vez por emmrecs el 16/04/2016, 23:28 Horas, modificaciones en total: 1

browj2 escrito el 24.04.PM a las 16:44 horas

Also downloaded HitFilm's Ignite OpenFX plug in and installed it, but the 'scan' done by Video Pro X8 does not seem to pick it up...so likely there will be some glitches before we see OpenFX being 'easy' to take advantage of...

Hi Mike,

The new patch for VPX is supposed to resolve the OpenFX. Have you tried it with Ignite?

Modificado por última vez por browj2 el 24/04/2016, 16:44 Horas, modificaciones en total: 1

John C.B.