SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 14 (x64) allow for "record what you hear"?

LSDionysus schrieb am 17.09.2020 um 21:44 Uhr

Does SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 14 (x64) allow for "record what you hear"? I don't see any way to change the audio input from within the program, just using Windows 10 sound settings.

I previously used Sound Forge Audio Studio 12.6.0.361 x64 which had this feature.

Thanks.

Kommentare

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 17.09.2020 um 22:12 Uhr

Does SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 14 (x64) allow for "record what you hear"? I don't see any way to change the audio input from within the program, just using Windows 10 sound settings.

I previously used Sound Forge Audio Studio 12.6.0.361 x64 which had this feature.

Thanks.

You mean does AS14 allow for real-time monitoring while you're recording? If that's your question, the answer is yes. But if you mean can AS14 record streamed audio, for instance, I have no idea.

rraud schrieb am 18.09.2020 um 00:45 Uhr

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge user community @LSDionysus.

Some PCs allow "recording what you hear",,, some do not,. All my Dell PCs allowed it, desktops and laptops going back to Win 95, OTOH, I had two Toshiba Satellites that could not without a third-party utility...
As I recall "Record what you hear" was a term used on the Sound Blaster cards. On most RealTek cards, it is refereed to as "Stereo mix" so if that is what you have, select 'Stereo mix" instead of the mic (or whatever) as the record source in the PC's sound manager settings... Then... go to SF's Audio Device type settings and select "Stereo mix" as the "Audio Device type in "Options> Preferences> Audio> 'Record' tab". The AS (Audio Studio) Device type setting menu may differ some from SF Pro. The speaker/headphone volume will control the record level.

The above does not apply to PC's with an external audio interface,

LSDionysus schrieb am 19.09.2020 um 04:37 Uhr

Thanks.

screenshot from the Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 manual: https://imgur.com/i8pfLiR

screenshot from the actual software using this feature: https://imgur.com/HBhAkR1

rraud schrieb am 19.09.2020 um 18:12 Uhr

I am only vaguely familiar with AS and my comment is based on SF Pro, but AS (Audio Studio) should 'record what you hear' just the same, using the basic aforementioned soundcard/SF settings.

btw, the links open a dark blank screen, but maybe it is just the old Vista PC I am currently on or Firefox ESR.