Public beta: Troubleshooting crashes in "Qt5WebEngineMx64Qt5.15.2.dll"

ralftaro schrieb am 16.12.2022 um 15:15 Uhr

Hi all,

we would like to invite those of you who suffer from program crashes in Music Maker related to our graphics engine Qt, especially its WebEngine (e.g. crashes in Qt5WebEngineMx64Qt5.15.2.dll), to the public beta of a customised version of the current Music Maker generation (beta version 30.0.3.27). The crashes we're looking at typically occur at program startup (or rather in the start dialogue), but potentially also in other places, e.g. when interacting with the in-app store system. By changing the rendering mode used by Qt to OpenGL, we currently hope to avoid these crashes, and now want to test this hypothesis practically with affected users. You can get a modified version of the program at the following link:

https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/Inn0qdSk

This is how it works: Simply install the version from the link above, and then, as always, make sure that you are logged into the in-app store with your MAGIX user account in order to have full access to your feature set and content.

What else is there to consider? We have already used the OpenGL-based Qt rendering mode in Music Maker in the past. Theoretically, it is the mode that offers the maximum graphical performance. However, we also know that it causes problems with functionality or graphical rendering for a small percentage of users. This usually occurred in connection with insufficient graphics hardware or outdated drivers, but sometimes also in other situations, e.g. with less common graphics hardware (such as workstation solutions). So even if you don't have problems with Qt Web Engine crashes in the regular Music Maker version, it might be interesting to get your feedback as to whether this beta starts correctly and works as well as your Music Maker 31.0.3.26 does.

We are looking forward to your feedback in this thread. Thank you!

Kommentare

emmrecs schrieb am 16.12.2022 um 15:42 Uhr

@ralftaro

Hi Ralf,

Does this Beta install alongside one's existing installation or does it overwrite it?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ralftaro schrieb am 16.12.2022 um 15:47 Uhr

Hi Jeff,

For all practical intents and purposes, this is a complete and proper Music Maker version with just this minor tweak regarding the Qt rendering mode configuration. So, its installation will automatically replace your previous 64bit Music Maker, just like with any updated version that comes as a full installer.

Hope this info helps!

emmrecs schrieb am 16.12.2022 um 16:18 Uhr

@ralftaro

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for this.

Inevitable follow-up question: since it is a Beta is there a "risk" that installing it might cause "problems" when compared with an otherwise stable installation of the previous version?? (Leading question, I know!)

I'm not at all averse to installing Beta versions of programs, I currently have a number for a particular manufacturer, but these all install as separate from the older release versions.

Jeff

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ralftaro schrieb am 16.12.2022 um 16:42 Uhr

Jeff,

In this particular case, I wouldn't really say there's any risk. The switch of the rendering mode is literally the only change compared to the regular current 31.0.3.26 release. So, the change is considerably less complex and with a lot less moving parts than basically any regular, official program patch we would typically release, which always tends to include a whole set of changes, bug fixes and refactoring changes, thus resulting in a much higher probability of something going wrong.

Hope that puts your mind at ease. 😬

emmrecs schrieb am 16.12.2022 um 17:58 Uhr

@ralftaro

Thanks again!

I will install this new version later today.

Jeff

ThePhantom-DJ schrieb am 02.01.2023 um 11:08 Uhr

Hi all i am a newby at this so apologies if i sound like one, I am having really bad problems with very slow actions happening, and what i mean is, lets say magix music maker premuim has loaded and i click on soundpool then i have to wait 30 - 40 second before i can make another selection, when i load a loop and selected it to create it takes up to 20 sec to create and then it crashes, it does that all the time. Now i have downloaded and installed your beta version and the same things are still happening, if i select feature it lets me click on it but the menu can take upto 1 min to load, once loaded it will let me wait for 30 seconds and then i can select what i want, it doesn't fix these issues, so is there something else i could do to address this problem.

Running Gear:

Win 11 64bit

64GB ram

Evga geforce GTX II SC 16GB ram

Thank you in advance.

Paul

emmrecs schrieb am 02.01.2023 um 11:23 Uhr

@ThePhantom-DJ

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

You made your first post here to a thread announcing the release of a public beta build of MM. I realise you ahve installed this beta but the problems you are experiencing clearly predate this so really ought to be the subject of a new thread.

So, please create a new thread to include details of which Edition of MM you have (Free, Plus or Premium) and a lot more information about your computer. Please read this post for the level of detail that is invaluable to fellow-users who may then be able to offer advice to you!

Have you checked recently that Windows and ALL your drivers are fully up to date? Don't depend on Windows Update to check your drivers; rather, go to the manufacturer's website and check there!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

ThePhantom-DJ schrieb am 02.01.2023 um 11:59 Uhr

Yes as per photo you can see most of my details.

I will start a new thread and thank for your advice.

Paul